Five steps to avoid the nest flooding and to improve the breeding success of the Dalmatian Pelican in Divjaka-Karavasta National Park.
- Collection of nesting beds material composed of dead branches and trunks fallen down due to the latest storms,
- Transporting the nesting material up to the lagoon by tractor,
- Transporting of nesting material up to the Pelicans’ island by boats,
- Enlargement and construction of nesting beds with trunks and branches and
- Filling the beds with soft vegetation for nests.
Now the nesting beds are ready for the new breeding season that starts in a few days. Thanks for your help Fation Plaku!