The weekend of BirdID 2020 Albania, was organized in two full days in the majestic landscape of Shkodra where the observations of our students, covered the area of Vau i Dejes, Shkodra lake, Pentari plain, Domni marsh and the riparian forest of Velipoja.
𝗧𝗵𝗲 𝗠𝗮𝗶𝗻 𝗙𝗶𝗻𝗱𝗶𝗻𝗴𝘀 𝗼𝗳 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗙𝗶𝗿𝘀𝘁 𝗗𝗮𝘆 – 𝗪𝗮𝘁𝗲𝗿𝗯𝗶𝗿𝗱𝘀’ 𝗗𝗮𝘆
- Thousands of wintering waterbirds (Coots, Gulls, Cormorants etc)
- Common Pochard (𝘈𝘺𝘵𝘩𝘺𝘢 𝘧𝘦𝘳𝘪𝘯𝘢)
- Tufted Duck (𝘈𝘺𝘵𝘩𝘺𝘢 𝘧𝘶𝘭𝘪𝘨𝘶𝘭𝘢)
- The roosting site of hundreds of herons and Cormorants,
- The roosting site of thousands of gulls,
- Five Dalmatian Pelicans (𝘗𝘦𝘭𝘦𝘤𝘢𝘯𝘶𝘴 𝘤𝘳𝘪𝘴𝘱𝘶𝘴) etj.
𝗧𝗵𝗲 𝗠𝗮𝗶𝗻 𝗙𝗶𝗻𝗱𝗶𝗻𝗴𝘀 𝗼𝗳 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗦𝗲𝗰𝗼𝗻𝗱 𝗗𝗮𝘆 – 𝗪𝗼𝗼𝗱𝗽𝗲𝗰𝗸𝗲𝗿𝘀’ 𝗗𝗮𝘆
- Four species of woodpeckers in the riparian forest of Velipoja: Black Woodpecker (𝘋𝘳𝘺𝘰𝘤𝘰𝘱𝘶𝘴 𝘮𝘢𝘳𝘵𝘪𝘶𝘴), Green Woodpecker (𝘗𝘪𝘤𝘶𝘴 𝘷𝘪𝘳𝘪𝘥𝘪𝘴), Great Spotted Woodpecker (𝘋𝘦𝘯𝘥𝘳𝘰𝘤𝘰𝘱𝘰𝘴 𝘮𝘢𝘫𝘰𝘳) and Lesser Spotted Woodpecker (𝘋𝘳𝘺𝘰𝘣𝘢𝘵𝘦𝘴 𝘮𝘪𝘯𝘰𝘳)
- Lesser Black-backed Gull (𝘓𝘢𝘳𝘶𝘴 𝘧𝘶𝘴𝘤𝘶𝘴)
- Common resting site of hundreds of Gulls, Cormorants, Sandwich Terns (𝘛𝘩𝘢𝘭𝘢𝘴𝘴𝘦𝘶𝘴 𝘴𝘢𝘯𝘥𝘷𝘪𝘤𝘦𝘯𝘴𝘪𝘴) etc.
The birdwatching, discussions, jokes, songs, and the good sense of humor were some of the elements which made more enjoyable this BirdID trip north of Albania. AOS is happy for this wonderful group of people with different backgrounds, different interests joined by the passion for nature.